If you would like to get fit, help local wildlife, learn a new skill and make some new friends, why not contact us to discuss what opportunities are available. It’s up to you how much, or how little you wish to be involved.
The rangers actively encourage people to volunteer and work with us to develop and enhance the country parks.
What's in it for me?
- Work in the fresh air every day
- Daily exercise
- Make new friends
- Learn new skills
- Satisfaction of a job well done
- You will be helping to improve the environment
- Learn more about ecology and conservation
How fit do I need to be?
Tasks are undertaken at your own pace and there are plenty of opportunities for refreshments. However, if you are unsure and wish to further discuss what is involved, please get in touch and we can give you more information.
What kind of things will I do?
The types of work undertaken are extremely varied but conservation work such as tree planting, hedge-laying and access improvements are popular.
Some people get involved in the day to day management of a country park, Friends of Parks groups, or specific projects.
What do I need to bring?
- Clothes you don't mind getting dirty
- Strong footwear or wellies – steel toe caps are ideal
- Warm clothes (lots of layers)
- Packed lunch
- Gloves (if possible)
- Hats (for shade in hot weather)
What is provided?
- Instruction on how to use tools safely
- Tools and equipment
- The reasons behind the task and how it will benefit the habitat and the wildlife that lives in it
- Refreshments - hot drinks and maybe even the odd biscuit or two
- Any specialist Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) relevant to the task
How do I volunteer?